For patients in need of a higher level of care during transport, Southern Berkshire Volunteer Ambulance Squad offers Advanced Life Support (ALS) transports. ALS transports provide invasive life saving procedures including intravenous infusions, manual defibrillation, advanced airways, and much more. Our ALS transports are staffed by certified Advanced EMTs (AEMT) and/or certified Paramedics (EMT-P) to administer specialized advanced medical care.
Patients who typically require ALS transport include:
- Medical/surgical patients with continuous IV medicine
- Patients on a cardiac monitor
- Trauma patients
- Patients from urgent care centers
- Patients with potential airway compromise
- Any patient that may have a potential complication during transport but does not need a Registered Nurse for transport, per state protocols